According to the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On exiting country, entrance to country and passports” (article No: 12) the foreigners’ and stateless persons’ entrance to the Republic of Azerbaijan can be restricted in cases mentioned below:
1) If it is vital for the protection of national security or public order
2) If it is significant for protection of rights and legal interests of citizens of Azerbaijan Republic and other persons.
3) If person disordered/violated the laws of the Republic of Azerbaijan in his/her previous visit to the Republic of Azerbaijan.
4) If the person gave false information about himself/herself when applying for the entrance to the Republic of Azerbaijan.
5) If the coming of mentally ill person or the person infected with infectious diseases constitutes a threat to public health (except the persons who do not constitute such threat and arriving at his/her or their legal trustee’s expense for medical treatment);
6) If the person has been extracted from the boundaries of the Republic of Azerbaijan before
7) If a person’s entrance to the Republic of Azerbaijan was considered undesirable.
In these cases, it is rejected to grant a visa to the person.
If there is a bureaucracy in considering the application or it is rejected to consider the application, foreigners and stateless persons can complain about it by administrative means or to the court.
Attention! In case of rejection for granting a visa, the state fee paid by foreigners or stateless persons will not be given back!
Foreigners and stateless persons crossing the border of the Republic of Azerbaijan in violation the requirements of the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On exiting country, entrance to country and passports” without passport, visa or with invalid (unfaithful) passport and other documents, will be returned back.
If the rules of exiting the country and entering the country defined by the law are not obeyed or violated, guilty persons bear administrative and criminal responsibility intended in the legislation of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
According to the Code of Administrative Delicts of the Republic of Azerbaijan, foreigners and stateless persons are responsible in the case stated below:
• For the disordering the rules of staying in the Republic of Azerbaijan or transit passing from the territory of Azerbaijan Republic – foreigners or stateless persons are fined from 300 Manat up to 400 Manat with the extraction from the boundaries in administrative way or without extraction.
• For the loss of documents for temporary or permanent residence in the Republic of Azerbaijan or spoiling the documents intentionally –are fined from 15 Manat up to 25 Manat.
The exit of foreigner and stateless persons from the Republic of Azerbaijan can be limited temporarily in the cases mentioned below:
1) If their exit will be contrary to the interests of providing national security – until these basis disappear;
2) If they are accepted as suspicious or accused person on criminal act – until the end of criminal prosecution;
3) If they are condemned for criminal act – until they are set free or faced punishment fully;
4) If there is a civil claim against them - until the civil decision defined by the legislation of the Republic of Azerbaijan enters into force.